Friday, August 7, 2015

Farm Girl Friday - Week 15!!!


YeeHaw!!!

It's time for 
Let's have a super fun weekend
 sewing together!



Grab your book …
if you still need one



Turn to page 50 and get ready to get 
knee deep into your scrappy stash!
Our first farm girl block today is 
"Out to Pasture"



It's super easy and super scrappy and 
so I whipped up twelve 6" blocks
and made the small table runner 
using the Harvest Setting on page 124
of Farm Girl Vintage:) 



I still need to give it a 
good press and quilt it
but I think it's a great
 small runner for
 the autumn season 
that's coming right up!



And speaking of Autumn…
our next block is on page 51...
"Patchwork Pumpkin"

I just love pumpkins and
 this block makes me happy!



I decided to make a fun fall project 
using my 12" Patchwork Pumpkin block.
I grabbed a few fabrics that I thought 
looked super cute with my block…


And then grabbed my 
pattern to make a placemat!


I chose to use
 by Riley Blake for the back:)



I love how it turned out
and it looks great on
 the farm table in my kitchen!

I used a napkin ring from my
Blue Plate Special pattern
 to roll up a dishtowel for the napkin…


Because this is what Sophie will use when
 she comes over to eat at Grandma's house:)
I always put a dishtowel across my
kids lap when they were little:)





Thanks for joining me today…
I can't wait to see your blocks
 popping up all over this week!

Remember that I can only see them 
if you use the hashtag
 for each blocks name…

#OutToPastureBlock
#PatchworkPumpkinBlock


Click Here to go to the schedule
 and visit this weeks guest bloggers!

Have a quilty kind of day!
xx
Lori


11 comments:

Vickie said...

love love love your work and am enjoying making these blocks so much fun and excellent instructions, cheers Vickie

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful - Love your pumpkin placemat!! I've been sewing 'fruit' pillows and enjoying the dent they have made in my scrap basket. And 'Out to Pasture' is going to be another of my favorite scrappy blocks. I've also been having sooooo much fun with your 2 new (apple and piggy) blocks. Thank you, Lori!

Karen said...

I love what you have done. You keep me busy in my happy space and for that I am grateful to you! Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

Libby said...

Love these ~ I just absolutely love the pumpkin !!!

Sherry B. said...

Friday takes on all new meaning when we have so many good things that come our way... First we celebrate TGIF. Then we get huge smiles when we receive our email from you poking us awake with the news of new blocks to make for our Farm Girl Fridays Sew Along. Oh the excitement, oh the fun! Happy day everyone!

Pam McDonald said...

I love that little tractor pincushion. Must. Have. One. LOL!

Beautiful blocks!

pink for me said...

Thanks so much for another lovely way to use the blocks. I have used your idea of cutting my scraps into 2.5 " squares and now have a ready made stash for projects such as this.

Darlee said...

Lovely placemat, it's so awesome. And, l do LOVE your tractor pin cushion. Sew cute!

Elaine Adair said...

I just received your beautiful book, Farm Girl Vintage - LOVE your bright clear colors, can't wait to get started. Thanks for the book's spiral binding and the clever way it was used so the book binding can still be read.

From a farm girl raised south of Chicago, now a great granny in western Nebraska. Those old, warm memories are with us forever!

farmgirl16 said...

Got my gook last week; and its my nightly read and digest for now. Finishing up projects so my girlfriend and I can make this starting January. Love the blocks and the great use of scraps. Not that I haven't picked up a few riley blake --polka dots, and mini gingham's.....enticed by the extra patterns in the back of the book - very nice quick projects !


Monique said...

Hi Lori,
Just wanted to tell you how much I love your book! I just started the sew along but I am having so much fun! And all the different possibilities with the blocks are amazing! So thank you, thank you, thank you!
Monique

Related Posts with Thumbnails